With the move to Step 4 of the Government’s roadmap out of lockdown on 19th July, most coronavirus legislation has been lifted and the emphasis has shifted towards personal and organisational responsibility to protect both themselves and others. Covid 19 is still very much with us, however, and here at St Disens we feel it is important that everyone who comes into the church feels as safe and as comfortable as possible. We are fortunate in having a large, lofty church but we currently also have the following measures in place:
- The main door is open throughout services for ventilation.
- A QR code is available for track and trace, should you wish to use it.
- The use of hand sanitiser and social distancing is encouraged. Please keep a pew apart if you can.
- Mask wearing is optional.
- Holy Communion continues to be in one kind only and is given to us where we sit, and we wave at each other for the peace.
The good news though is that we are now singing hymns again, something that we have all missed.